The Mekong Delta (Vietnamese: Đồng bằng Sông Cửu Long, lit. ‘Nine Dragon River Delta’ or simply Đồng Bằng Sông Mê Kông ), also known as the Western Region (Vietnamese: Miền Tây) or South-western region (Vietnamese: Tây Nam Bộ), is the region in southwestern Vietnam where the River approaches and empties into the sea through a network of distributaries. The Mekong delta region encompasses a large portion of south-western Vietnam of over 40,500 square kilometres (15,600 sq mi). The size of the area covered by water depends on the season. Its wet coastal geography makes it an important source of agriculture and aquaculture for the country.
***Read more about Southern Vietnam
This tour will depart at 8:00 AM.
We depart to Ben Tre. Then we will take a boat on Ham Luong River – one of the tributaries of Mekong River, you will see lively activities along the river as fishing, water transferring., etc.
We firstly drive 20 minutes by boat and visit:
* Brickworks – See how to make bricks in handy traditional style
* We go back to the boat and go to visit Coconut processing workshops - try some local sweet and tea(include)
* After that, we gon by boat and then talk a walk to visit Mats weaving house - where straw mats are woven using a hand loom
* Then we will take the real adventure by Xe loi – a type of motorized rickshaw
* Walk along the peaceful village to see Fruit orchards, local house made by bamboo, by coconut leave
* Next stop will be Delicious and filling lunch with elephant-ear fish and river prawn (5 dishes set menu)
* After lunch, you can Cycling around the village ( if you want)
* After that, take the rowing boat for 10 minutes, then see the boat again and go back to the pier.
After that we have a 2 hour drive by mini van to Can Tho City and check in hotel
Dinner by your own . Overnight at hotel.
To start the second of this tour, After breakfast at the hotel. At 7:00 we get on the boat cruise on Can Tho river to explore the picturesque secenery as well as local daily life both sides of the river in the morning. Then you will see the floating market, rice noodle producing, fruit orchard. Then the boat will take you back to the boat station. Relaxs then have lunch in Can Tho. Then we drive 180 km back to Ho Chi Minh city. You will reach Ho Chi Minh city around 4:00 pm
Highlights about Mekong Delta Tour Day 2:
Cai Rang floating market - one of the largest, liveliest in the region – see lots of boats from the local villages selling tropical fruits and vegetables, even foods
Have some pieces of pineapple on the top of the local trading boat
Rice noodle Producing process - see from the rice husking mill to how the rice is cultivated for consumption
Ba Cong fruit orchard - see and find out many different types of fruit tree and enjoy some delicious fruits
Delicious lunch at Mekong Rest-stop
More special about Mekong Delta tour 2 days.